Check out the newest podcast episode on Creating a Culture that is Results Driven
If you have a healthy culture there are some definite benefits.
- Strong values attract the right people and weed out the wrong people.
- Right values result in right actions.
- Clear values reduce the need for policies and procedures.
- People love to be a part of a place with clear direction and values.
To develop a great culture:
- Determine honestly what your actions say you value.
- Narrow down your values to ten or fewer.
- Once you clearly define your values, describe them in short, life-giving statements.
- Identify the values through you or your key leaders.
- Shape your culture and build your people around your values.
Culture guides discretionary behavior and it picks up where the employee handbook leaves off.
So make sure you Hire and recruit for your values. You can teach skills, but you can't teach values.
And one more thing – as the leader, If you don’t like where you are going, change directions.
Check us out on iTunes
Check us out on TuneIn Radio